Back to Top

Elections Department
Registrars of Voters
Suzanne G. Chapman / Republican
Christine Psathas / Democratic

Town Office Building, Lower Level
40 Old Farms Rd
Willington CT 06279-1720

Office hours: 
Tuesdays 10 am to 12 pm
and by appointment
 860. 487.3120

Absentee ballots for the Municipal Election
are available from October 2 to November 2
from the Town Clerk during regular business hours
(for more information, see FAQs below)

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register to vote?
You must be a U.S. citizen, a resident of Willington, and be at least 18 years old, by the date of the election, in order to register (17 year olds may pre-register if they will turn 18 before election day).  In order to vote in a primary you must be enrolled with that party.

You may register using any one of the following methods:

  • Fill out an online voter registration application at  
  • Appear at the Town Clerk’s office or the Registrars' office and complete an application
  • Applications are also available at any DMV office or public library

Once the Registrars have processed your application, you will receive a letter of acceptance or rejection within 7 to 10 days.

How do I change my address in town, my name or my party affiliation?
Follow the procedures above to change your address within town, your name or party affiliation.

How can I check if I am currently a registered voter in Willington?
Contact the Registrars  or click on the link below.

How do I vote if I will be out of town on a Referendum or Election Day?
You may request an absentee ballot application by contacting the Town Clerk’s office at 860.487.3121. Absentee ballots will become available for the November 3, 2015, Municipal Election, from October 2 to November 2, during regular business hours.

Who is eligible to vote in a Referendum?
All registered voters are eligible to vote.  If you are not a registered voter in Willington,  you may still be eligible to vote in a referendum if :  you are a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age and pay taxes to the town on property assessed at $1,000 or more which appeared on the last completed Grand List dated October 1. 2014.

How do I get on the ballot for public office?
The easiest way to run for a public office is to be nominated by one of the three local political parties.  You may also run “undesignated” by filling out specific paperwork and acquiring a specified number of endorsements from registered voters.  Call the Town Clerk for more details.

What elections are held in Willington?
Municipal, state and federal elections are held each year on the first Tuesday following the first Monday during the month of November. The annual budget referendum is held on the first Tuesday following the first Monday in May. The Municipal Election will be held on November 3, 2015, from 6 am to 8 pm.

Where do I vote?
Voting takes place in the Common Room on the upper level at the Willington Town Office Building, 40 Old Farms Road.  State and federal laws require proof of identification for all voters.

Political Party
# Voters
Working Families


A SENTINEL PARTY Darryl Peters, Treasurer
Barry Wallett, Chairman
Powered by - Political Websites